Brooklyn >Silk and Sheer Laser Hair Removal
“The customer service and attitude towards the customers is absolutely incredible.”
“felt like i was in a high class Soho facility but with reasonable prices.”
This place is amazing for hair removal. I finished my sessions in November and I cannot be happier! I am so ready for this warm weather and baring my legs in skirts and dresses and not having to worry about shaving every other day. I am so happy with my hair removal, I think I will be going back very soon to try out some of their other services!
Best Treatment i ever got. Silk and sheer Laser struck me with their sparkling clean facility. the laser technology they use is indescribable! for a woman who can barely bare blood test pain their lasers made me feel as though i was getting a massage. the technicians at silk and sheer are nothing less than dolls, adorable, sweet, caring, professional, and most importantly know how to make you feel comfortable at the most uncomfortable moments. Silk and sheer really changed my life though im only on my 6th treatment i have yet to pick up a razor in 3 months. it feels amazing going on vacation and knowing its okay to forget my razor at home. i really just wanted to thank silk and sheer for their services and my parents for the amazing collage graduation gift !!!!!
I have been a client since they have opened. Not only did I receive nothing short of service excellence, I claimed back my confidence after getting rid of facial hair that had bothered me for years, full legs that look amazing, Brazilian, underarms and even signed up my 16 year old to receive same treatments I have sent tens of clients and referred them with up most confidence, ALL of which were happy and until today remain clients and send referrals.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND SILKANDSHEER AND WILL CONTINUE SENDING REFERRALS. GREAT SERVICE, PROFESSIONAL, COMPETITIVE PRICING AND ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY!
Terrible service that wasted my time and left me untreated.
1. They wanted to charge me for two treatments instead of one just to go up a bit towards my sideburn area instead of going up past the point of my chin towards the bottom of my mouth. It was the same surface area as what they offered. And then, the manager said they could only do one treatment area that day, supposedly because I was late - I walked in 5 minutes late because they had no sign outside and I had to call the Brooklyn office to find out which buzzer to push.
2. They almost refused me treatment as soon as they saw that I have PCOS and am on metformin because of it. Metformin is on their list of proscribed medications, supposedly because it might lead to dizziness. They wanted a doctor's note before going ahead. I offered to sign a waiver instead, since my endocrinologist was out of the office for the next month. After some argument, they agreed.
3. The laser tech had me on the table with goggles and cold goop on my face, when it suddenly occurred to her that metformin might cause a heightened risk of skin pigmentation, too! Nice save, lady. She knew that some medications can cause pigmentation, and didn't know which, but thought metformin might be one of them. There was no one there who knew for sure. Neither of us wanted to go forward immediately with that vague warning of big problems.
4. After I left, I called my endocrinologist's emergency backup number. The next day, the backup doctor on call got back to me and said that Silk and Sheer must be staffed by idiots. (His words exactly.) He told me that he's never heard of metformin causing additional risk of pigmentation, and that they send women with PCOS on metformin for laser hair removal all the time, of course. He was too busy being on call to write me a note.
5. I called Silk and Sheer to say I'd spoken to an endocrinologist who told me that getting laser hair removal while on metformin was fine, and that I want to reschedule my appointment. I offered to sign a full waiver explaining that I'd consulted with a doctor on my own and was willing to assume all the risks the tech warned me of. The Silk and Sheer lady said that she'd spoken to the owner, and they still absolutely would not take care of me without getting a written note from my doctor first. So much pointless security theatre - what is this, the TSA?
*** Here's the thing - PCOS is probably the leading cause of excess hair growth in women, so a laser hair removal place should be aware of the actual risks that are and are not associated with the most common PCOS meds. Or at the very least, during their phone intake, they should offer to email over a list of proscribed meds so clients can call doctors or do whatever needs to be done to make things go smoothly before coming in. Not instead of an in-person consultation, but to take care of the most likely problems that can be resolved only in advance! ***
My guess is that Silk and Sheer just bought the machine and decided to use Groupon as their only means of marketing. It looks like they didn't do their homework on laser hair removal before jumping into marketing, and so they weren't prepared to deal with common issues that were likely to come up in the influx of new clients. I did my homework, and went for it because they had only good reviews here on Citysearch. I had to stop waxing a few weeks earlier and shave right before going in to my appointment with them, as per their instructions. I never shave, because I'm terrified of stubble growing in instead. Well, here I am, with stubble and no treatment at all.
SILK&SHEER. NOT ONLY THE CLEANEST PLACE I VE EVER BEEN TO BUT THE BEST LASER TREATMENT I VE EVER GOT PLUS THE NICEST STAFF EVER, VERY PROFESSIONAL THANK U AND I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO EVERYONE THANK U:::)))) AGAIN SILK & SHEER.......
THE BEST TECHNOLOGY FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL. NOT ONLY THE BEST TECHNOLOGY IT'S PAINFREE ,AND I JUST LOVE IT,THANK YOU JOANN ,AND MARGARET.
Best laser hair removal place!!!!!!.
Winner Citysearch ...... Best Laser Hair Removal
in New York, you have to see to belive.....
Excellent in Service!.
I was looking for a Laser Hair Removal that does NOT include any pain. I googled and found SilkAndSheer.
Was very impressed by their web, and although I live in NJ, decided to make an appoinment for consulting.
I bought 2 different packages, so not only I gane the "no pain" treatments, I gane a great discount by buying these packages. VERY satisfied with the results!
SilkAndSheer are excellent in their service, professionalism and pricing!
SilkAndSheer is great. I came upon SilkAndSheer while searching for laser hair removal on my computer. I watched the video and was curious to see if it really worked. After just a few treatments I've seen a dramatic improvement in my underarms. My hair is barely there and the shadow I suffered with is practically gone. I can't thank SilkAndSheer enough.
It's not IPL, it's a real laser hair removal. Some places misleading the custoemrs by using IPL and calling it Laser. That is not the case with SilkAndSheer. They are using the latest technology in laser hair removal. All I can say is no more waxing, no more ingrowns, and no more hair !!! SilkAndSheer Rocks !!!!
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!